Quality Control Inspector/Final Device Inspector
REPORTS TO: Test & Quality Control Supervisor
SUMMARY The Quality Control Inspector will perform QC procedures in a timely manner, and receive assignments and direction from the Quality Control Inspector Anchor and Department Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows specific procedures using assigned equipment to perform final inspection and test of finished goods prior to shipment in a timely manner.
- Reviews shipping schedule to prioritize work load.
- Performs duties with speed and accuracy as required to keep pace with work schedule.
- Maintains documentation for each instrument in an organized and orderly fashion.
- Fills out documentation accurately and completely.
- Maintains test and calibration equipment.
- Calibrates instruments according to specification.
- Connects unit to be tested to test equipment and performs appropriate tests.
- Reads dials or digital displays that indicate electronic characteristics such as voltage, capacitance, etc.
- Compares results with specifications and records test data, or plots test results on graph.
- Records defects on documentation attached to unit and returns unit to Test Department for repair.
- Organizes and files Device History Records.
- Confers with the Quality Control Inspector Anchor and/or Department Supervisor regarding testing procedures, results, and to resolve problems.
- Inspects units for paint defects or other cosmetic defects.
- Maintains an orderly department and keeps incoming and outgoing instruments separated.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent education with 2+ years experience in manufacturing environment desired
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to read and interpret documents.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Dexterity and motor skills to operate small hand tools is a requirement of this position. The candidate must be able to stand and / or move while performing job duties; must be able to bend or reach when performing job duties; and must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.