Reports To: Finish Shop Supervisor
SUMMARY: Assist in paint shop processes to produce acceptable product for manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sand, inspect, glue rails, and otherwise prepare covers and other fabricated components for painting or other finishing operations.
- Pour premixed paint or lacquer into reservoir of machine and couples hose to spray nozzles.
- Operate curing oven.
- Remove articles or materials from conveyor belt or turntable and place articles or materials in drying racks or containers.
- Properly identify, handle, package and deliver parts to Receiving.
- Perform pemming operation. Must be able to interpret drawings and carryout tasks as outlined.
- Perform alodine operation.
- Maintain work area and all machines and equipment in safe and effective working order giving special attention to proper handling and storage of all chemicals within the area.
- Keep work areas clean and safe.
- Assure that all waste products are properly disposed of which may consist of collecting for disposal by professional hauler.
- Assist or perform other "as required" duties involved in general facility maintenance (changing light bulbs and ballasts, building or moving shelves and furniture, etc.)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable a qualified individual to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent education.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as drawings, work orders, work instructions; must be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to stand and / or move while performing job duties; must be able to bend or reach when performing job duties; must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.